• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

Hi Guys:I've paid my money for the new ships cards by Mal but I've received no instructions, was directed to no download site and can't find where they reside to download. How do I get them now that I have paid?Bob H

#2 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

OK - I see them available in the download Library now except it says someone is working on the RN and it is unavailable.I'd recommend giving the buyers a heads up as to how the process works and it may be a bit before their access shows up to avoid giving needless frustration.Thanks,Bob H

#3 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

Bob,When access is given to the buyer, a process we are very careful to indicate at many places can take up to 24 hours, an email is sent with instructions directing the buyer to the area of the download. We try to make it as clear as possible, but sometimes we do not succeed. We have been experiencing some delays with the RN download which we are monitoring, but it is working now, so we hope that it will continue to prove serviceable.Let us know if you experience any problems downloading either of the two files and we will be certain to help you out.CinC

#4 Richard Cornwell

Richard Cornwell

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

Hi there,Just downloaded the pdfs and very nice they are too.However, with the security settings on them I don't seem to be able to selct and copy individual ship SDSs. This makes them pretty useless as I don't want to print out all 119 pages of Brits, just pick out the ones I want for a scenario. It was indicated that this would be possible.Richard

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:51 AM

However, with the security settings on them I don't seem to be able to selct and copy individual ship SDSs.

Actually, you can copy/paste individual Logs using Adobe's 'Snapshot' tool. Click on 'Tools' on top of the pdf viewer, then scroll down to 'Select & Zoom' (you'll get a drop down menu), then click on 'Snapshot Tool'. This brings up a cursor that looks like a crosshair. Lay the crosshair on the corner of the log you want, left click your mouse and drag the crosshair to the opposite corner of the log, release and the log is copied (you'll get a dialog box so stating and the colors will reverse on the area chosen to copy). Move to a word or excell sheet, right click, hit paste, and there's your log. Once on the sheet, you can move it around and resize it, just like you would a picture jpg or gif. Using this neat little tool, you can use the ship logs as a database with which to assemble you own OOBs for whatever battle you want. Hope this helps!

#6 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

I've downloaded everything and it looks great.Bob H

#7 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

rcornwell wrote:

Hi there,Just downloaded the pdfs and very nice they are too.However, with the security settings on them I don't seem to be able to selct and copy individual ship SDSs. This makes them pretty useless as I don't want to print out all 119 pages of Brits, just pick out the ones I want for a scenario. It was indicated that this would be possible.Richard

Richard,The security settings are there for protection of copyright, but as stated by Coastal, using the "snapshot" tool in Adobe Reader, you can turn the Deluxe Ship Logs into the Deluxe Ship Database. Along with the powerful search function of the Reader, that is how I intend to use them. This makes them an even better tool than the cut and paste method, and they now can be put into plastic sheets rather than card holders.Your choice as to how you want to use them.Cheers,CinC

#8 Romain Breuer

Romain Breuer

Corporal

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

Wow I just downloaded the logs and they are great.Now when will we have the other navies?US navyimperial Japanese Navyregia Marina

#9 Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

Bob wrote:

Wow I just downloaded the logs and they are great.Now when will we have the other navies?US navyimperial Japanese Navyregia Marina

Having helped Mal in a very small way with proofing, I can tell you that they are as nice as the ones released so far - well worth getting hold of when they appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users