2 replies to this topic

#1 John Brzezinski

John Brzezinski

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

Recently playing a game we ended up with force 7(near Gale) weather. A torpedo engagement was used by 4 ships. Looking into the effects chart nothing was found about Torpedos in such weather. I would assume that weather at some point would make torpedo attacks ineffective.Any thoughts to this?Thanks,John B

#2 John Brzezinski

John Brzezinski

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Recently playing a game we ended up with force 7(near Gale) weather. A torpedo engagement was used by 4 ships. Looking into the effects chart nothing was found about Torpedos in such weather. I would assume that weather at some point would make torpedo attacks ineffective.Any thoughts to this?Thanks,John B 

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

The restrictions on torpedo combat are under section 1.17.5 Sea State.  The rules state:

"Torpedoes Force 7 and higher seas degrade torpedo

course tracking and depth keeping. Shift DOWN two rows
on the TORPEDO CRT for attacks launched in Force 7
waves and DOWN three rows in Force 8 conditions.
Torpedo attacks are ineffective in Force 10 storms."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users