• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

When playing with infantry, one gets massive numbers of reaction rolls, and learns what works and what seems or feels incorrect. One of these is the ease with which it is possible to frontally assault a machine gun post. We are going to try out an idea originally floated by Joel Tompkins, which is to allow a number of reactions equal to your rate of fire. Seems simple, and can add the element of danger in attacking a well-defended position back into the mix.Comments?Cheers,Gregory

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

How will this add to the danger in attacking a position? Are you refering to the number of successful reactions or just the number of reactions? As the rule as written now is:"Finally, a stand may only take one Reactionary Action between activations, although there is no limit on the number of attempts it may take. Once a successful Reaction has been taken, no further attempts may be made until after the stand’s next activation. There is no limit on the number of Reactionary Actions a stand may take during the course of the game."I can understand this if we are increasing the number of successful reactions, but the comment "...massive numbers of reaction rolls..." leads me to believe that there are too many rolls. I don't believe this is necessarily true give that this helps take a little of the gaminess out of the IGOUGO system.

#3 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

Maybe the word "massive" confused the issue, but you do get a lot of rolls when a trench line is assaulted. My suggestion is to allow weapons with RoF's of 2 to have two successful Reaction rolls between activations. This would make players think twice about frontal assaults without preliminary bombardment or softening up of positions of MG nests.It is an idea I hope to playtest for Meine Truppen.Cheers,Gregory

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:37 AM

That sounds reasonable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users