Photo

Are US, Japan shipt charts for free $$ ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jerome Mrozak1300747323

Jerome Mrozak1300747323

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

(Short subject line obscures my Q)I wish to game the Pacific battles, USN and IJN.Suppose I purchase the GQ3 rules. Does it already include ship data for USN and IJN? Or are there free downloads of this data? Or must I purchase the Solomons product in addition to the GQ3 rules to get this data?Thanks,Jerome.

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Jerome,GQIII contains basic ship logs for all the major navies, including the major ship classes for the USN and IJN. The Deluxe Ship log databases are vastly expanded, full color ship logs, that cover all the ship classes of the listed navies, including their refits. So the answer to your question is yes, the Japanese and U.S. are included in the GQIII rules.Cheers,Gregory

#3 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

Already been answered, but I'll add the answer is yes and yes. The original GQ3 has IJN and USN. Then you'll want to download the Amendment 1 files. An example relevant to your question is the modification of the IJN data, including ship logs, for three types of torps: 21", "regular" 24", and Type 93 24".

#4 Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Any sign of the Deluxe Ship Logs for USN/IJN ?I saw a posting on TMP from Mal Wright indicating a possible price of around $35 each. This was posted about 12 months ago but no sign of the logs yet. Have they been issued and if not, when are they likely to be available.ThanksJoe

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

The USN/IJN Deluxe Logs are under development. At this time, neither release date nor price has been determined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users