• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Laplante

Robert Laplante

Private

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Hello In one of our last game, I was playing WWII German against one of my friend who was playing WWII Free French.He has to find a week spot in my defense and cross the table.I bought a platoon of 4 120 mm motard, wich I setup on the table.They did a lot of work. They destroy quite a few tanks and halftrack. In fact, they seem to be more effective than the 3 50 MM ATG I had !!I just wonder if motars are/were really so effective in real battle.

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:27 AM

Hey Bob,I would say, yes, they were quite effective. Remember that since mortars attack top armor they get to hit the weakest point on almost all vehicles. Now when you talk about 120mm shells, well, that just makes them evil. Note that the 120mm mortars were usually divisional assets and weren't readily available unless something big was going down (lucky you :evil:). The best way to combat artillery in general is mobility. The side getting shelled needs to keep moving. Of course, destroying the guns/FO doesn't hurt either, but that is usually a more difficult proposition.

#3 Robert Laplante

Robert Laplante

Private

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for your input Bbenge. I will probably discuss how we can use motars in our games with the other players. Maybe we should limit ourselve to 81mm motars. I dont want to start a who-have-the-most-motars in his army kind of race,ThanksBob

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:51 AM

No problem, Bob! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users