• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Laplante

Robert Laplante

Private

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:53 PM

Hello !!!The Mouse was a 188 tons WWII German tank. Only 2 (in fact, 1 and a half) were produce. They didn't really see any real combat. If you want an idea of what this monster can do, see it's stats in Mein Panzer...The tanks was really heavy. About the same weight as 5 or 6 Sherman tanks !!!! It was really slow. Most bridges were not able to handle it's weight. But it didn,t really matter as the ennemy was closing in, he really didn't have to move that far to meet them !!!Could they have changed the war if, says, 2 or 3 platoons of this monster have made a counter attack agains the D-Day beaches, for example ? Assuming they were able to get there at the first place… Personnaly, I cannot understand why the Germans lost so many valuable ressources to develop somethning like this. I am missing something ?Anyway, they make great subject for what if scenarios or great objectives in a game.

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

No Bob, you aren't missing something. Mr. Hitler liked his toys and he liked them large and invulnerable. When you want armor on a tank that can not be punched by any current gun the weight of the tank has a tendency to balloon a bit. :evil: Could they have changed the course of the war in Normandy? No I don't think so. The US Air Corps would have torched them just trying to move to the beaches. They were just too slow and cumbersome. Unless there were a whole lot of them they would easily have been isolated and destroyed by any maneuvering army. Tank combat is like cavalry combat in Ole' days maneuver, maneuver, maneuver.Jon has a scenario he has used at conventions called "Mouse Hunt". You get a flavor of just how powerful yet vulnerable the Mouse actually is in this game. If it isn't already maybe he can post it for consumption. :)

#3 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

I don't recall having "officially" written up Maus Hunt. As we are looking for scenarios, I think I'll write it up using the guidelines posted in the Scenario Repository. A fun game, but for all the German monsters I don't think they've ever won. Still, makes for a fun game.

#4 Sean King

Sean King

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationStevenson, WA

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:10 AM

DO you have a particular model you use to represent them? Or is it scratched built stuff?Sean:P

#5 Joel Tompkins

Joel Tompkins

Sergeant

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

GHQ makes that model...http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/g87.html-JT

#6 Sean King

Sean King

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationStevenson, WA

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

Why they do. :) Thanks you!A couple of days ago I couldn't find their Motorcycle with side car either so I think I might be going blindB) Sean:blink:

#7 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:38 AM

Peter Pig also makes one in 15mm. Not sure if anyone makes it in 10/12mm.

#8 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:47 AM

I believe that Dragon CANDO has a prepainted Mouse in 10mm.

#9 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:39 AM

Also Dragon has a built it yourself model of the Maus (with a Tiger) and an E-100 (with a tiger [I think]) These are in their "Panzer Korp" kits.Pretty cool.

#10 Jonathan Brock

Jonathan Brock

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

I know at one point I downloaded Maus Hunt from this site.Pretty cool scenario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users