1 reply to this topic

#1 Alejandro Gonzalez Ramos

Alejandro Gonzalez Ramos

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hi

Using 1 hours campaing turns, two turns after taking off, search range for aircraft includes an enemy task force. I roll on the table and Miss detection for this enemy task force (no contact). In the 3rd turn my search planes continues moving, the enemy task force is still inside the 15 degrees, but what about the range?...My search planes are far away from the enemy task force, so Can I roll this 3rd turn for detcetion?, in Which 1 hour turn should I roll for detection? Is this situation resolved easily than I think?

Example:

Search planes advance 3 30nm hexes each hour. Enemy task force is 5 30nm hexes, and their speed is 0, so they will be always at 5 hexes.

Turn 1 (1st Hour)..Search planes Moves Hexes 1, 2, 3...As the enemy task force is 5 hexes away I understand that in this turn I can't roll for detection.
Turn 2 (2nd Hour)..Search planes moves to hexes 4, 5, 6..Roll for detection and result is no contact.
Turn 3 (3rd Hour)..Search planes Moves to hexes 7,8, 9 ..Should I roll for detection again? enemy is at 5 hexes not in hexes 7,8,9.
Turn 4 (4th Hour)..Search planes return to base Moves Hexes 8, 7, 6 back..Can I roll for detection again if no contact was made so far?
Turn 5 (5th Hour)..Search planes return to base Moves Hexes 5, 4, 3 back.. Can I roll for detection again if no contact was made so far? Yes enemy task force is still at 5 hexes, so rolled for detection and no contact.
Turn 6 (6th hour)..Search palnes return to base Moves hexes 2, 1, 0 and lands..Can I roll for detection again if no contact was made so far? As the enemy task force is 5 hexes away I understand that in this turn I can't roll for detection.

Is the above procedure correct?, Can I roll every turn to check detection?

Thank you for your answer.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hi

Using 1 hours campaing turns, two turns after taking off, search range for aircraft includes an enemy task force. I roll on the table and Miss detection for this enemy task force (no contact). In the 3rd turn my search planes continues moving, the enemy task force is still inside the 15 degrees, but what about the range?...My search planes are far away from the enemy task force, so Can I roll this 3rd turn for detcetion?, in Which 1 hour turn should I roll for detection? Is this situation resolved easily than I think?

Example:

Search planes advance 3 30nm hexes each hour. Enemy task force is 5 30nm hexes, and their speed is 0, so they will be always at 5 hexes.

Turn 1 (1st Hour)..Search planes Moves Hexes 1, 2, 3...As the enemy task force is 5 hexes away I understand that in this turn I can't roll for detection.
Turn 2 (2nd Hour)..Search planes moves to hexes 4, 5, 6..Roll for detection and result is no contact.
Turn 3 (3rd Hour)..Search planes Moves to hexes 7,8, 9 ..Should I roll for detection again? enemy is at 5 hexes not in hexes 7,8,9.
Turn 4 (4th Hour)..Search planes return to base Moves Hexes 8, 7, 6 back..Can I roll for detection again if no contact was made so far?
Turn 5 (5th Hour)..Search planes return to base Moves Hexes 5, 4, 3 back.. Can I roll for detection again if no contact was made so far? Yes enemy task force is still at 5 hexes, so rolled for detection and no contact.
Turn 6 (6th hour)..Search palnes return to base Moves hexes 2, 1, 0 and lands..Can I roll for detection again if no contact was made so far? As the enemy task force is 5 hexes away I understand that in this turn I can't roll for detection.

Is the above procedure correct?, Can I roll every turn to check detection?

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry about the late reply (bad case of real life!). Anyway....

In the situation you outlined, you'd roll only once at hour 2. You would not roll every turn or on the return leg (the single roll to detect takes into acount the entire search period).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users