6 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads up that ODGW is getting ready to head out to Historicon 2012 in Fredricksburg, VA. Stay tuned for more details!!

#2 Frank

Frank

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Good luck and enjoy. Do let us know how it went. I hope to attend a convention in the next year. Cold Wars is closer, so probably that.

#3 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thanks Frank, nice to hear from folks.

I'd like to announce that the ODGW Historicon Blog is up and started. Since we have this nifty feature I thought I'd use it. Last Cold Wars 2012 I tried but was stymied by a REALLY weak internet connection in the game room so the efforts to blog every day was a wash. However I'm in good spirits this time and am looking forward to the daily blog.

I hope to report on (incl pics) the vendor area, flea market, and of course the games. So come on over and read,comment, lurk or whatever.

See you in the blog. http://www.odgw.com/...istoricon-2012/

#4 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Blog updated!!

#5 Frank

Frank

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the report. Looks like a good time was had by all. Glad to see the interest in GQ3. Going back and forth over the rules. I favor the early Pacific. Not just a matter of picking up a copy of flank speed and running a quick game. Most battles were at night and the Japanese loved to use their torpedoes.

#6 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Frank. Recommend Sudden Storm if you like the Pacific and Japanese. SS is based on the War Plans - Plan Orange 1937. Also when you make it to Cold Wars drop by and say Hello!

Thanks again!

#7 Frank

Frank

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

I have Sudden Storm. The interwar period always interested me. But for now I'm planning a number of early WWII operations. The Asiatic Fleet defending Davao, Crace meeting Goto's cruiser squadron in the Coral Sea, the attempted relief of Wake island, any number of Dutch East Indies operations. The infinite possibilities of the Solomon's campaign. Still acquiring ships. Plan on picking up your Solomon Campaign set, but the surface actions were fought in a pretty confined area.

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users