• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Looking to paint up some 1/700 ships for GQ3 game on December 7th. US and IJN DDs, and I'm looking for some color pics to get an idea on the finishing touches and little bits that make the ship look real. If anyone has good sources for color pics, post'em please!

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Looking to paint up some 1/700 ships for GQ3 game on December 7th. US and IJN DDs, and I'm looking for some color pics to get an idea on the finishing touches and little bits that make the ship look real. If anyone has good sources for color pics, post'em please!

I don't of know any sites that would fill the bill, unfortunately. Your best bet would probably be to google search the name of the ships you want (click on images). That would bring up any photos of that ship that are on the web (some of which may be in color). The problem is that color photography wasn't as common back then as it is today, so your chances of finding color shots is low. Also, any war time shots will most likely have been taken by the military (usually for specific purposes such as documenting post refit changes) and these are invariably black and white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users