• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 William Keyser

William Keyser

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

A quick question on the MMG Kill Table drop in. In table Table 8.3 – Fire Power “To-Kill” Modifiers there are couple of mods that I don’t find explained and was wondering if any one can help with this.

First is the Cover/Penetrating/fire lane mod. This is for the Firer but don’t know what this means.

Second is the Under Cover Fire or Fire Lane modifier, again cannot find and explanation on this.

Also there is the Suspected Target in Target condition, I get what it means but when can you use it. Does it apply to a unit that is unspotted unit that has fired for example?

Thanks Guys

#2 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

William,

I sent your questions to the MMG group POC. Hopefully he will be able to respond soon.

Thanks for your support!

--Kenny

#3 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

A quick question on the MMG Kill Table drop in. In table Table 8.3 – Fire Power “To-Kill” Modifiers there are couple of mods that I don’t find explained and was wondering if any one can help with this.

First is the Cover/Penetrating/fire lane mod. This is for the Firer but don’t know what this means.

Second is the Under Cover Fire or Fire Lane modifier, again cannot find and explanation on this.

Also there is the Suspected Target in Target condition, I get what it means but when can you use it. Does it apply to a unit that is unspotted unit that has fired for example?

Thanks Guys

Let me look-up the rule and get back to you.

Gregory

#4 William Keyser

William Keyser

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Thanks Gregory

#5 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Gregory

William, Table 8.3 lists two separate conditions, one for modifiers to the target of certain types of condition, so that if the firer is under cover fire. The firer will be penalised, in both cases, but the reason for the firing penalties can be due to the firer's condition, e.g. Pinned, or the penalty can be due to a favorable cover state for the target, e.g., being in certain types of cover, or the recipient of a 'gap shot.' I hope this clarifies things.

#6 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Gregory

"????

William, Table 8.3 lists two separate conditions, one for modifiers to the target of certain types of condition, so that if the firer is under cover fire. The firer will be penalised, in both cases, but the reason for the firing penalties can be due to the firer's condition, e.g. Pinned, or the penalty can be due to a favorable cover state for the target, e.g., being in certain types of cover, or the recipient of a 'gap shot.' I hope this clarifies things.

Cover fire is defined in the infantry chapter, along with fire lanes.

Thanks Guys

Suspected targets are ones that have not been spotted but are doing something which gives away their status as fully hidden, e.g. firing. A suspected target can be engaged at significant negative modifiers. All this has to do with the spotting rules we use. Found in chapter 5, 'Game Mechanics' our group puts quite a premium on hidden movement in battle, so that suspected and spotted targets are two different statuses.

#7 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

If you need any chapters of our variant let me know. Our rules have been extensively playtested, and work quite quickly, so that we routinely run through a turn in near game time. Six minutes per turn, and that is with multiple players per side. Mostly our rules are simplifications, but there are some areas, such as spotting where we use a different method, which due to our deterministic method still speeds thing up. You do not roll for spotting in the MMG rules, we find this to be more realistic, since different stands have different spotting capabilities, whereas with the probabilistic method, once one stand acquires a target, all stands on that side, acquire it as well.

#8 William Keyser

William Keyser

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hi Captain
Would love to see the things you have.

We are also changing some things. First we are implementing OP sheets where the player actually has to plan his attack/defense, including demarcation lines between units, objectives, phase lines, rally points and mission failure orders. We are also tweaking the Morale rules, we feel that infantry, armor and independent units are affect in different ways to threats and or casualties. Finally we are looking at the Spotting area, which it sounds like you might have a solution.

We have also changed the infantry weapon ranges and effectivness, we can just not agree with the telescoping scale concept, especially when it applies to trying to make our table based on actual maps.

I am going to put together these changes in the next couple of weeks. We just finished the attack on Hill 112 during the Normandy fighting. We had two battalions of British infantry with two companies of Churchill’s attacking Germans dug in on and behind the crest of the hill.

If you can send to wkesyer at aol dot com that would be great thanks.
William

#9 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hi Captain
Would love to see the things you have.

We are also changing some things. First we are implementing OP sheets where the player actually has to plan his attack/defense, including demarcation lines between units, objectives, phase lines, rally points and mission failure orders. We are also tweaking the Morale rules, we feel that infantry, armor and independent units are affect in different ways to threats and or casualties. Finally we are looking at the Spotting area, which it sounds like you might have a solution.

We have also changed the infantry weapon ranges and effectivness, we can just not agree with the telescoping scale concept, especially when it applies to trying to make our table based on actual maps.

I am going to put together these changes in the next couple of weeks. We just finished the attack on Hill 112 during the Normandy fighting. We had two battalions of British infantry with two companies of Churchill’s attacking Germans dug in on and behind the crest of the hill.

If you can send to wkesyer at aol dot com that would be great thanks.
William

I would be delighted to see your changes. The MMG version does away with the telescoping range, for precisely the reasons you state

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users