• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GMG4RWF

GMG4RWF

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

new to forum - don't know where to put this, but I was wondering where to look for players in my area (D/FW Texas)? any suggestions on finding players in the FW area?

#2 RazorMind

RazorMind

Corporal

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

A number of us play in Austin, Tx at least once a month.  I know some of the gents I play with know folks in Dallas but unsure if they game GQIII.  The Great hall Gamers Forum might be a good place to ask as some folks make it down to Austin to game once in a while.  http://www.greathallgamers.org/forum

Good luck and if you happen to be in Austin, check out Great Hall Games.  Great minis and board game selection and plenty of gamers too.

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.

Capt. John Paul Jones

#3 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

With such a big venue - Dallas / Ft. Worth, I'd first try for info on local clubs already gaming.  I'd also post at TheMiniaturesPage.com in the WWII Naval forum.  Finaly, the local VFWs and Naval Reserve types may have people willing to play naval games.

My experience is that it is easiest to buy the 1/2400 Panzerschiffes and start hosting games.  If it takes and people enjoy them, one can beging painting the ships historically [they arrive in a light grey with black stack tips].

Good luck!

#4 GMG4RWF

GMG4RWF

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

With such a big venue - Dallas / Ft. Worth, I'd first try for info on local clubs already gaming.  I'd also post at TheMiniaturesPage.com in the WWII Naval forum.  Finaly, the local VFWs and Naval Reserve types may have people willing to play naval games...

I hadn’t thought of that.

...My experience is that it is easiest to buy the 1/2400 Panzerschiffes and start hosting games.  If it takes and people enjoy them, one can beging painting the ships historically [they arrive in a light grey with black stack tips].

I already have a few 2400/scale P.S. minis and over 1000 total, Mostly GHQ. (I wish I had known of the 6000/scale, someone posted on another page, a long time ago or I’d have more like 5-10,000 by now).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users