• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Reading the rules I have not found any description explaining Evasive Moving for vehicles.  The only reference in the actual core rules with regard to Evasive moving is in the Aircraft chapter.  The only reference I've found for vehicle evasive moving is on the reference card.

Also shouldn't there be a paragraph explaining the rules for vehicle evasive movement?

The question asked was if vehicles can evasive move can infantry also move evasive?

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Kenny,

The answer to your first question is that there already is a paragraph for Evasive movement. Check EVADE located in Chapter 6 Ground Movement on page 6.3, middle column, third paragraph.

To answer your second question, it may be something to consider for negating movement in the open modifier. We should probably debate this and its effects on the game. Where is the Don? :D

~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#3 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Ahhh     Evade != Evasive

Need to simplify our nomenclature...   <grin>

As for the second question, as MP Product Manager I await your lead in this discussion.   :)

Thanks

#4 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Rules mention that no fire action can be taken.  I humbly submit that Post Vietnam era tanks would be able to to this with increasing capability with each generation. The History Channel even showed this capability with an M1A1 navigating a shooting range at speed and evasive moves while shooting 6 out of 6 targets.

We should playtest a EV move modifier starting with tanks with Digital FC systems and later gen tech.

my 2 cents....

#5 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

When we get the Modern Data Book hopefully it will address firing during evasive movement.  My experience on M-60's was that targets were not easy to hit when just moving normally so I imagine that when using evasive type movement they would be even harder.

For the WWII rules, I explain it this way.  Evasive movement is like moving linear cover in that it gives you a -5 benefit when the enemy is shooting at you just as if you were in linear cover.  It is a good way to close with the enemy over open ground if your tanks have the requisite speed to do it.  The downside is that the vehicles that are using it can't shoot during the turn but that is the trade-off.

Pete

#6 William Smith

William Smith

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNJ - USA

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

Speaking of the Modern Data Book....... any news?

#7 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

As Pete mentioned, if you can find some definitive evidence of the capability then you can add a special evasive movement rule that will identify the capability and the effects it has on fire. I have no problem with that. I agree that hitting anything while moving and with limited visibility in the hull and coax MGs would still be tough though you could get a suppressive effect I imagine.

And for Bill... Arab/Israeli Data Book is coming along. We just won't give a date until we know what it is. SO please stay tuned. :)

~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Evasive, vehicle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users