• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DLSpurlock

DLSpurlock

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

I just picked up Mein Panzer and I am looking forward to diving in.

All of my micro armor has the turrets glued down. I have only played 3:1 or 5:1 systems up to now, so turrets rotation was not necessary.

Is it really necessary that the turrets move in Mein Panzer? I really don't want to go through and rework all my models. Also turning those itty-bitty turrets seems fiddly to me, not mention the potential for them falling off and getting lost.

Thanks.

#2 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

Hi DL

I have been playing Mein Panzer for several years now and I have always glued my turrets.  In this system, there is no need to rotate turrets to engage targets or for any other reason. 
I would say that you are fine keeping your turrets glued down.  If you do decide that you want to be able to rotate your turrets in the future, you might consider investing in some tiny Rare Earth magnets.

Have a great day!

Pete

#3 DLSpurlock

DLSpurlock

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for replying Peter.

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hi DL,

Peter is right, there is no need to unglue turrets and nothing requires you to show a turret facing in the rules. If you decide to unglue them or buy more and not glue the turrets then you can also consider "Blue Tacky" or poster tack. It is used to put posters on the wall without harming the paint. A little ball rolled up and placed on the turret deck will keep the turret in place and allow you to turn it also. I do like the rare earth magnet idea also.

Happy Hunting!

~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users