• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

In the rules, it states that if a unit is in overwatch and receives a pinned result that the overwatch is removed.  I have no problem with that at all.

If a unit that has not been activated, receives a pinned result, is it able to go in to overwatch?

What other restrictions are there for being pinned other than no bonus move and firing at 1/2 or -3 whichever is worse?

Pete

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hi Pete,

Please accept my apologies for being so late with the response to your question. I can only offer excuses which are pretty much irrelevant since I didn't get to your question until now. Again my apologies. :huh:  

According to the rules the unit loses its bonus move but retains its standard action. As such this would allow the unit to enter over-watch. Since the over-watch is not removed until the unit's next activation the unit would incur all over-watch penalties as well as the firing while pinned penalty. All pinned modifiers are located in the various tables in the game. There are no other non-modifier penalties that I am aware of,,, :blink: The unit get to use it's standard action as normal and any applicable pinned modifiers are noted in the tables.

Hope this helps Pete! :)

~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#3 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hi Bob

Thanks very much for the clarification.