4 replies to this topic

#1 RazorMind

RazorMind

Corporal

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

British ships for Coronel (I know, I know, not that great of a paint job, but hope it passes muster)

19547508918_5bc8ba53c2.jpg

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.

Capt. John Paul Jones

#2 simanton

simanton

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

They look fine to me! 40 years back when hand and eye were steadier I did camo on 1/2400 and rigged w/t aerials on 1/1200. Such ambitions are history!

#3 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

Looks good!!   Great Job!

#4 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

G' Day RazorMind,

I second the comment.  Your miniatures look pretty nice.  You have also wisely contrasted armament details, etc. so you can see them at a distance.  Smart.

Since you've done such a fine job, you might want to consider adding some brass wire main and foremasts.  They are simple to add (just drill a mounting hole in the hull, cut and glue) and really improve the "look" of naval miniatures. You don't need to add yards, etc.   It is amazing how the mind fills in the detail with what it expects to see and makes the miniatures seem more "real."   It's also amazing how a few simple masts draw the eye even when across the war game table.    

Simanton has also got a point.  I used to camo 1:6000 miniatures as well.  Those were the days!  Now, I'll have to leave that to others.

Cheers,

LONNIE

#5 Kenneth D. Hall

Kenneth D. Hall

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFlyover Country

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:17 PM

Nice work. Are those Panzerschiffe? Always like to run across a fellow collector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users