• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tripper

tripper

Private

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

Hi would it be possible to have the ship cards and ship logs that are in the core rules in xls or Doc format.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hi would it be possible to have the ship cards and ship logs that are in the core rules in xls or Doc format.

Unfortunately we cannot provide the ship cards in xls or doc format. The reason is that we must be able to provide the same information and format for all potential platforms. And not all platforms/programs have the same mix of fonts and format (the developers first ran into this problem with GQ3. Some developers had a different version of MS Excel with a different mix of fonts. When the excel files were opened under these different versions, the information was jumbled and unusable. This becomes even worse when opening these files under Apple or Open Office). Consequently, we must present the logs in a common format that can be downloaded on all platforms (this being the ubiquitous pdf).

#3 tripper

tripper

Private

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. I understand the issues but as the bonus diy file is xls I thought it would have been possible. It would just be easier to to be able to cut and paste ships on to one sheet.

Intresting set of rules looking forward to giving them a go

#4 David Nichols

David Nichols

Private

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

Easiest way to create a group of ships for a scenario is to use the snapshot tool in acrobat reader and paste into a word or similar document.

If you want to enlarge the individual ship forms, increase the scaling of the pdf first and then snapshot.

Thats how our group do all our scenario logs for GQ3

Cheers

David

#5 tripper

tripper

Private

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

Yes I thought of that, but my idea was to change the font colour to fit in with my D12 the you could throw all dice for each broadside I one go and it would be imediatley obvious which die was for each gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users