• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marcin Zgiernicki

Marcin Zgiernicki

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:54 AM

Is the consecutive fire bonus cumulative? E.g. when firing something like the Wirbelwind with a ROF=4 do I get +2 for every shot so the last shot is at +6 (seems reasonable that when you pump such a volume of fire you finally WILL score a hit) or is it a "flat" +2 ? MZ

#2 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

Hi guys,Can I add a further question here - can the consecutive fire modifier combine with the troop quality ROF increase? I can see two situations occuring:1. A VET T34 fires at a target - as the T34 does not have any inherent ROF so its second shot would not get the consecutive fire bonus, only the -5. Is this correct?2. A VET BA-10 (with a ROF 2) - fires at a target.- 1st shot - as normal- 2nd shot - consecutive fire bonus- 3rd shot - -5 a bonus shot, but does it still get its concecutive fire bonus? Is this correct?Might seem an obvious problem but I am moving across from playing ASL for many years and so am incapable of flexible thinking!

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:05 AM

Hey Guys,Well, let me see if I can answer your questions. ;)

Is the consecutive fire bonus cumulative?

No, the consecutive fire bonus is not cumulative. It is a standard flat +2 for any and all shots made at the same target after the first. Also note it is NOT used for missiles and small arms, like squad automatic weapons (SAWs), machineguns or automatic rifles. Note also that a vehicle that does not move can use the bonus from one turn to the next. Example: A Tiger with a regular crew with ROF 1 takes a shot at a T34 and misses (I know blasphemy :lol:). On the Tiger's next turn the same T34 is within his sites. If the Tiger does not move and fires at this same T34 then he would get the +2 Consecutive Fire Bonus.

Can I add a further question here - can the consecutive fire modifier combine with the troop quality ROF increase?

Yes it can.

1. A VET T34 fires at a target - as the T34 does not have any inherent ROF so its second shot would not get the consecutive fire bonus, only the -5. Is this correct?

No this is not correct. The Consecutive Fire Bonus can be used and is NOT affected by the Troop Quality Penalty. So the Veteran T34 would get 2 shots and receive the +2 Consecutive Fire Bonus for firing at the same target on the second shot, but would also receive the -5 penalty on the second shot, thus netting a -3 penalty to the second shot fired at the same target.

2. A VET BA-10 (with a ROF 2) - fires at a target.- 1st shot - as normal- 2nd shot - consecutive fire bonus- 3rd shot - -5 a bonus shot, but does it still get its concecutive fire bonus? Is this correct?

The sequence should be:- 1st shot - as normal- 2nd shot - +2 Consecutive Fire Bonus- 3rd shot - +2 Consecutive Fire Bonus and the -5 Troop Quality ROF Bonus Penalty which equals a -3. Hope this clears things up a bit. Clear as mud right?!? :whistle: Just to be safe here are the excerpts from Chapter 7, Direct Fire, Page 7.3...

CONSECUTIVE FIRE If the attacker is firing upon the same target as he did with his last attack, this bonus is applied. However, there are a few exceptions to the use of consecutive fire. A firer may not use the consecutive fire bonus if he has moved since his last shot, or if he is using a Fire-on-the-Move action. In addition, this bonus does not apply to attacks made by missiles or machineguns.

and Chapter 7, Direct Fire, Page 7.7...

CONSECUTIVE FIRE The Consecutive Fire to-hit modifier (+2) applies to most high ROF weapons, provided the subsequent shots are taken at the same target. However, Consecutive Fire does not apply to missiles or machineguns.

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2005/11/22 08:31

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users