2 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Weathersby

Brian Weathersby

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationnear Houston, Texas

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Here are some photos from the Battle of Santo Domingo 1806 game that I ran on Friday morning at the Texicon convention near Dallas.  Because it was in the first slot on the first day, I did not have a good turnout.  The scenario was designed for 3-6 players, and I only had 2, who were not playing at the same time.  So, I played the French in the scenario and let them play the British.

I used a somewhat stripped-down version of Post Captain, so the players didn't have to worry about re-allocating crew after the initial allocation.  As it turned out, this was OK since the vagaries of the dice meant that there were very few Crew hits.

The scenario is a tough one for the French.  I won't say it's impossible to win, but with Green crews their gunnery is execrable (which wasn't helped any by my crap die rolls).  I think I will replay the scenario at home, and up the French crew to Average to see if that will make a significant difference for later plays.

I've added the photos to this post, but am not sure how they will turn out as I haven't done that here before.  They are also on my Google+ page, with some captions that explain the progress of the battle.

https://plus.google....sts/WrkdfW41rRd

Attached File  DSCN0807.JPG   322.03KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0811.JPG   322.86KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0812.JPG   320.08KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0813.JPG   323.3KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0814.JPG   323.77KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0815.JPG   323.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0816.JPG   319.1KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0817.JPG   321.08KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0818.JPG   325.22KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0819.JPG   322.9KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0821.JPG   322.02KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCN0822.JPG   326.15KB   0 downloads

#2 RazorMind

RazorMind

Corporal

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Great pics, thanks for posting.  I am loving this game but need to get to grips with boarding part.

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.

Capt. John Paul Jones

#3 Brian Weathersby

Brian Weathersby

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationnear Houston, Texas

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

To be honest, I had not planned on doing any boarding. I had to borrow a razor knife and cut the counters apart.

I'm pretty sure we didn't do it completely right but the British player was pleased with what happens when crack marines go against green ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users