• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Steven Landers

Steven Landers

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

I am assuming that the Rifle/MG type stand is considered the half squad with BAR, however, it does not allow for OM3, but the only advantage to the BAR is that it could be fired on the move, but not as effectively (thus a penalty to the OM3). If a rifle can be fired, then a BAR could be fired as it worked quite similarly to a much heavier version of the rifle.Should there be an allowance for OM3 for BAR or am I just plain nuts?

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:08 AM

As we are in the middle of redoing all of the infantry stats and rules, yes you are correct. All LMGs should/will have an OM3 as will the BAR. Thus also will the combined stand Rifle/LMG as you mention. Note also that the OM3 is only used vs. vehicle targets also (just in case you didn't know it or remember it. ;) )

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2006/02/22 09:09

#3 Steven Landers

Steven Landers

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:13 PM

Actually, that reminder brings me to the point of that question. I had some Americans that were attacking some Germans in trucks. I was guessing that they had to fire at the vehicle, and if it was damaged then the Germans had to make the survival check. Is it possible to directly target troops in soft skinned vehicles giving them soft cover modifier?

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

Yes, you can. I would also say that you can target the passengers in armored carrier vehicles giving the passengers linear cover as a modifier. This should be clarified in the rules if it isn't already there. Thanks. :)

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2006/02/24 06:40

#5 Steven Landers

Steven Landers

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

Thanks a lot. It might be there and I just missed it.

#6 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

No problem. You are welcome! ;)

#7 Don Carter

Don Carter

ODGW Staff

• ODGW Staff
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:44 PM

:evil: Would you make the target harder to hit if vechile is moving? Look Bob, Me again :woohoo: :laugh:

#8 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:38 AM

I would say that if the target was an infantry standing riding in a molving vehicle then the -1 target moving modifier would apply. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users