4 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:20 AM

Question:from Chapter 16

ATTACK RUNAircraft must line up with their targets before they attack, which is called an Attack Run. During an Attack Run the aircraft must approach and depart its target in a straight line before and after for its full Standard Action.

[ol][li]How does one make an OM2 attack, which involves only moving the Bonus Move?[/li][li]A JU-87 has a move of 43 pips. Does it need to move 43 pips in a straight line before and after its attack? This could mean 5 pips before the attack, and 38 after?[/li][/ol]Thanks!Gregory

#2 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

We have been using aircraft a lot recently and this is my understanding - I of course could be wrong (a likely proposition)1. The way I read it is that an aircraft that uses its Bonus Move to move and Standard Action to attack use its OM2. If the plane uses its Bonus and Standard Action to move then it uses its OM3.2. Attack Runs, these are not all that clear, but the final sentence, 'The distance required is equal to one-half of its Movement Rating,' seems key. What is unclear is does this mean the entire attack run or before AND after the attack run. We have been playing, the aircraft must move in a straight line equal to half MR before AND after the attack - which I think is the intention of the rules.

#3 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:27 PM

Trotsky is 1. correct and 2. correct.

#4 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Question 1 regards how to do an OM2 when the rules state: "During an Attack Run the aircraft must approach and depart its target in a straight line before and after for its full Standard Action." So, that should probably be changed. (We ignored the contradiction yesterday.)Question 2 needs to be explicitly stated in the rules.Glad for the clarifications -- thanks!Gregory

#5 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:34 AM

Ah, ok, got ya. Will be working on this chapter today after work, so I'll fix 'em.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users