• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Barath

Chris Barath

Private

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hello, Mein Panzer folks and gamers. I've been hearing good reviews about the rule system and I've checked out this web site. Although a good web site, I can't find any "description" of the game rule system. I'd like to add a description by the authors if possible to my web site with a link to your products. I have posted a good review from an avid micro armor who likes the set. If you are interested, here are some links to discussions regarding your rules:http://63.99.108.76/...pic=8454&st=100 See page 7 of this thread.http://www.ghqmodels...topic.php?t=815A GHQ Models thread.http://www.microarmor.com/rules.htmlMy website with a review.Thanks, Chris.thunder at microarmor dot com

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:39 PM

Hey Chris,The old website used to have a very good summary of the rules. Of course this didn't make it over to the new site. Here is a summary I posted on The Miniatures Page a while back that may fit the bill for what you want.Mein Panzer Core Rules is 1:1 scale for vehicles and 1/2 squad/weapons (-Chris, Note that this is changing to squad level) team for infantry that can be played with 6mm (1/285th scale), 10/12mm (1/144th scale) or 15mm (1/100th scale) miniatures. Mein Panzer Core Rules is the latest version of Mein Panzer (there is an earlier version that is WW2 only and can be identified by an olive green cover) with overhauled rules for infantry. The game system is a plug and play rule system where after the basic game you can add whatever rules you like to play the game as you like. The basic game is armor only and is easy to pick up. We at ODGW can normally get a player going with the basic rules in 5 minutes in our demo games at conventions. The Mein Panzer Core Rules is the Rules System. It also comes with a few basic vehicles for each era (WW1, WW2, Cold War, Modern) to get a player started with the rules. ODGW also releases Databooks for each conflict/era/war with in depth equipment/small arms/troop quality/troop type tables, Some TO&E, and special rules that only apply to that particular conflict/war/era. Currently the available databooks are WW2 and Spanish Civil War and there is a Secret Weapons Supplement also available for WW2. Currently in work are the Korean War, Modern and WW1 Databook hopefully available sometime this year. The Mein Panzer Game System is supported online through the ODGW website at odgw.com where via the Support Forums a player or prospective buyer may ask questions or make commentaries and the Staff will answer within 24 hours. Also, all buyers of ODGW products only has to buy the rules/databooks once. Once the product is bought and registered through ODGW, any errata, updates or revisions to the product are available to download free of charge (even if the book is totally revised) through the Download Library under the Members Menu. You buy the product once and that's it. Also in the Download Library are more TO&E, Scenarios, Player Added files, PDF files of the product and charts, tables and counter files. Hope this is what you are looking for.I really like the looks and content of your site. Keep it up. :)

#3 Chris Barath

Chris Barath

Private

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll happily add this description to my web site and I look forward to trying out the game beyond the demo I recently played. Most of the micro armor games I have played in the past were the other rule set you mentioned, which I like. I do agree that those games can easily take longer than preferred. Given my experience with Mein Panzer, trying out this system surprised me. Turns went quickly which was nice (a basic game only) and armor values were different than expected which was a frightening surprise for the Panzer IV's I was running.Mein Panzer 2 sounds interesting.Thanks, Chris.

#4 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:05 AM

Mein Panzer 2????? What's this?

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:49 PM

I believe that this refers to the re-wrtie. It is not called Mein Panzer 2 though, simply Mein Panzer Core Rules witha revision update.;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users