3 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:49 PM

Hello Everyone,The Mein Panzer Core Rules will be going through a revision over the next couple of months. I hope to have it polished up shortly after the first of the year. Basically, I will be going through one chapter at a time making corrections, tweaking rules, and adding new stuff.I'm looking for any issues anyone may have with the core rules. What's missing? What's excessive? What needs to be more clear. If you want, you can even post spelling/grammer mistakes.Thanks!

#2 Marcin Zgiernicki

Marcin Zgiernicki

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:09 AM

Here's what I found unclear and what I'll really appreciate if you can clear out (maybe it's only me because I'm a real newbe to MP ;) )1) Motorcycles - on page 1.2 (model basing) it is written that a single motorcycle stand represents transport for a half-squad. On page 14.2 however it is stated that a single motorcycle stand can transport a "single stand" of infantry (a full stand?). Another unclear issue is how to mount/dismount the infantry on motorcycles. Should I treat them as any other trasport? I.e. when the infantry dismounts should I place a 'regular' infantry stand on the table to represent this? 2) Artillery hits - I was unable to find in the rules (again, maybe it's only me) which armor value should be used against direct/partial artillery/mortar hits. Our group assumes that when direct hit is scored the top armor should be used (after all the shells are falling from above...) an the appropriate side value for partials. Is this correct? Maybe this issue could be explained more "directly" in the rules revision.MZ

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:40 AM

Hey MZ,To clear up your questions for now;1) A half squad is a full stand in Mein Panzer so, yes, a motorcycle is used to transport a single full stand. Half stands are fire teams such as bazooka/panzaerschrek/ATR teams, FOs or a full stand that has taken a hit.2) Artillery hits on AFVs are always taken vs. the top armor of the AFV. ;) ~ Bob ~ODGW Designer

#4 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:41 AM

mazgier wrote:

Here's what I found unclear and what I'll really appreciate if you can clear out (maybe it's only me because I'm a real newbe to MP ;) )2) Artillery hits - I was unable to find in the rules (again, maybe it's only me) which armor value should be used against direct/partial artillery/mortar hits. Our group assumes that when direct hit is scored the top armor should be used (after all the shells are falling from above...) an the appropriate side value for partials. Is this correct? MZ

You have it right. Direct hits affect top armor; partial hits affect the appropriate front/side/rear armor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users