• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nicola Prandoni

Nicola Prandoni

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:07 PM

hallo everybody,I just started to build up a 1940 norwegian campaign, based onquarterdeck's boardgame Norway 1940.I'm planning to work out norwegian ship's logs (I have the raw datafrom Jane's) and will share them with you.does anybody have any idea about their perfomance or, better, training andtech levels, in order to figure out their national charts?I also think I'll have some problems with subs, any idea?

#2 Martin Jerred

Martin Jerred

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:09 AM

By strnge coincidence I too have just commissioned the Norwegians :-)Performance is very awkward as to a large part they were under ordes to not engage, the Norge coastal battleships did attempt to - didn't last long. My reading suggests very poor optics...they couldn't hit the German DDs at minimal ranges.Most is very aged with old equipment, with the exception of the the DD I & II which might pass muster as "modern" in 1940...if completed. The Odin and Sleipners were newish but very small "coastal" DDS - the Olaf Tryggvason was also modern but as a minelayer of limited gun value.Of the subs, the A series appears more or less worthless, the B class of use in coastal watersTraining is an interesting question, vey few actions to go on. Although the actions that happened indicate a poor Norwegian performance I suggest this is not du to poor training or willingness but orders and equipment. So I guess I'd rate them as trained. Sleipner performed throughout the war, I have no accounts of anything other than routine - so trained seems th only way to go :-)I'll be very interested in any ship logs and gunnery tables that you producecheersZippee

#3 Nicola Prandoni

Nicola Prandoni

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

As promised, after a long time (sometimes real life is sooo annoying!) here is the file I designed.research was done on many sources, mainly the net.On different tabs, the file describes: all norwegian ships' logs and deployment.all coastal fortress' guns (w/out logs).Hope this will help.Nicola [file name=Norwegian.xls size=1373184]https://www.odgw.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/files/Norwegian.xls[/file]

#4 Martin Jerred

Martin Jerred

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:10 AM

Excellent stffThanks for sharingZippee

#5 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

Indeed, this is a really great contribution. Thanks, Nicola!Gregory

#6 Wayne Pocock

Wayne Pocock

Private

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBerks, UK

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

The .xls file seems to have gone walkabout, any chance it can be reposted ?

#7 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

Put it in the Player Uploads section.

#8 Bruce Wright

Bruce Wright

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

Hi:Same here about walkabout. I get a server error when trying to access it.Any help here?Thanks...Bruce:;)

#9 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:17 AM

Fixed and ready to download.

#10 Phil moffatt

Phil moffatt

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

I am having trouble downloading the file also, I just get a file not found erroe as well. In light of the problems with IE could this be due to my using Firefox. thanks Phil

#11 Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

Alright!

I might be being a bit of a tit but I cant seem to fine the gunnery CRTs for Norway. Can anyone point me to the right direction please!

#12 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Alright!

I might be being a bit of a tit but I cant seem to fine the gunnery CRTs for Norway. Can anyone point me to the right direction please!

As far as I know, there is no CRT for the Norwegians. Since much of their equipment was purchased from the major powers (especially the lighter equipment), you should be able to use the stats from the already prepared CRTs.

#13 Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

For those interested a Norwegian author Geirr Haarr has published 2 books (in English) entitled The German Invasion of Norway April 1940 & The Battle for Norway : April - June 1940. These books deal primarily with the naval aspects of the campaign and are very detailed. Recommended reading for anyone wishing to do a Norwegian campaign.

#14 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

For those interested a Norwegian author Geirr Haarr has published 2 books (in English) entitled The German Invasion of Norway April 1940 & The Battle for Norway : April - June 1940. These books deal primarily with the naval aspects of the campaign and are very detailed. Recommended reading for anyone wishing to do a Norwegian campaign.

Excellent books and very highly recommended. Possibly the best to date on the subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users