• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 James Davis

James Davis

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

After looking at some 1/1200 I decided 1/700 was as small as I could work with. Going thru the various manf catalogs I noticed Trumpeter has the F2A Buffalo. ( and some 1930s stuff as well). How can one resist getting some buffalo?Jim D

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

Indeed, why should you resist? Both Pitroad and Trumpeter have fine 1:700 models, and there is also the 1:600 Vapor Trails series. One of the reasons I like General Quarters so much is due to its fine aerial rules, which I use in the complete tactical with optionals format.I will be posting some of the areas I found a bit confusing here, along with clarifications of the rules.Cheers,Gregory

#3 William Hageman

William Hageman

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

Modeler help requested. After reviewing the "improving your models.pdf" I went out in seach of the 1/700 Japanese naval aircraft kits. Can find the USN stuff - but not the Japanese, (other than the two Tamiya sets). Can anyone suggest a dealer/site that sells the Aoshima or Fujima sets?

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

Modeler help requested. After reviewing the "improving your models.pdf" I went out in seach of the 1/700 Japanese naval aircraft kits. Can find the USN stuff - but not the Japanese, (other than the two Tamiya sets). Can anyone suggest a dealer/site that sells the Aoshima or Fujima sets?

They have become harder to find (although they do go in and out production on a fairly regular basis). I'd check the big online sites (Squadron Shops, Great Models, Hannats) and, if that doesn't work, check that ole standby, ebay. Good hunting!

#5 Richard Earl

Richard Earl

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Have you though of 1/600 scale from "Tumbling Dice" they have lots of types of aircraft

#6 healey36

healey36

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 03 June 2022 - 01:18 PM

Pico Armor offers a nice range of 1/600-scale aircraft; perhaps not quite as detailed as the 1/700-scale plastic, but many aircraft to choose from.

Heinkel 111H
Pico Armor He-111, decals by FlightDeck, hand-punched prop discs.

Pico Armor can be found at:

#7 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:03 PM

For those looking for 1:700 aircraft, I have found the quality on these to be excellent!

Northview Foundry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users