2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:41 AM

The seaplane carriers Chitose and Nisshin are IJN reinforcements on turn 2.I note that no air complement info is identified, except for on their ship logs at the very end.Since air search is all abstracted (I did have the thought of the players having to allocate flights, which could have included seaplanes, to modify the "finding the target" rolls in Engagements A-C, but I guess you didn't want to go that route?), I am left wondering what these ships would be good for.One possibility would be an IJN dummy carrier group.I know they were used as high speed transports on a couple of occaisions, and their ship logs do have a Cargo box. Can these ships thus be used in an IJN Supply mission as an "AP"?

#2 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

These two ships were included mainly for historical purposes than any other. Nisshin has a specific supply purpose in October, a month of great activity for the Nihon Kaigun. I did not intend the seaplane tenders to be used as AP's, but it is your game, so use them as you wish. This will tilt the balance slightly to the Japanese. All of the air search factors — radar, recon flights, coastwatchers — were evaluated in coming up with the probabilities for detection. I would caution against changing those values for play balance reasons.

#3 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

Ah, I had missed the Supply mission for Nisshin. I guess I might have to get one from Panzerschiffs, they're the only ones I could find that make it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users