4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hi,I have a few months until a con comes up but I was wondering if someone could help me.I'm looking to possibly run a game that would fit into a total of 4 hours. I have US, Germany and Russia for 44-45.Any help would be great.Joe

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:20 AM

Hey Joe,I can probably give you some advice and help, but you'll have to answer a question or two to get me started.What type of game do you want to run? A beginner game with just tanks, a beginners game with infantry and tanks or something else? Is this your first Convention game and how up are you on the rules? What Con are you planning to run at?:)

#3 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

I would like to have something for 4-6 players with some infantry and tanks and assault guns as well.I have run a number of ACW games, AWI games and 1 WW2 game at conventions.If I run it it will be in January at Spartacon.Joe

#4 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:58 AM

Joe,I have a scenario specifically designed as an intro scenario with armored cars, antitank guns, and infantry. I'm afraid it does not fit exactly into your parameters, however, since you want tanks and assault guns.Gregory

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:39 AM

First, I would recommend keeping the activations down to around 4-6 per player when using infantry. You may want to use 2 to 3 platoons of infantry per player with 1 to 2 platoons of tanks. If you use US vs. Germans, you can use Shermans vs. an combined equal number of Pzkpfw-IVGs or Hs/STuG IIIGs as they are normally equal matches. I am sure you can comeup with an equal matching for Russians vs. Germans which may involve more Russian infantry. You can also throw in in a couple of bazookas/panzerschreks and an MMG. Shy away from buildings for starter games as they add an extra bit of complexity that you may not want to deal with immediately. Also increasing the print size of the Advanced Reference Card (ARC) would help and I will be working on in the near future. This would invovle making the ARC two pages putting the most used tables on one sheet in bigger print so it is easier to read. Also, downloading and using Gregory's verison of the Player Sheet which lets you put the range adjusted OM1/2/3 and AP values right below the OM1/2/3 numbers saves the players time looking up values on the tables. I used this in my last game it worked great. The Player Sheet is located at:Downloads Home » Private Access Library » Mein Panzer 2 » Core Rules » Player Uploads » MP2 Playsheet range & AP.I would also start both sides within 2-3 turns of movementof each other to get to the battle quicker.As I have found out over the years, balancing a game can be difficult and somewhat impossible as you never know what player types you will get. So balance the game to what you believe is fair and give the players a clear objective. You will find yourself tweaking the game for years to come. Most importantly, HAVE FUN! :)Hope this helps some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users