4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

Here's the situation. A Reb regiment is moving around the right flank of the Yanks. I have a commander with command markers for the Yanks still available to use. I can interrupt the Rebs movement by using a command marker to call on a Yank regiment to intercept the Reb regiment. Is that how the command marker works?Joe

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

Hey Joe,As per the Command Section of the rules on page 6-1 3rd column, which follows the Command Action section:"COMMANDSA command essentially gives the recipient unit one free action (not activation). A command may be issued for any Standard or Movement Action, but may not be issued for any Double Action."The command marker allows the you to issue one action to a regiment or brigaded unit (see page 6-2), whether that be fire or move. While the rules state to the contrary, there was some talk as to allow the use of 2 command markers for double (2x) actions like charge, careful fire or tactical move, but nothing was finalized. You can try it out if you like. Hope this helps. :)

#3 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

This could come under the heading of an opportunity charge. Not a bad idea at all.Cheers,Gregory

#4 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

This could be a time when a commander could choose to use 2 command markers. I think that it would have to be limited to something like between frontally to 90 degrees angle from the unit being charged.What do you think?

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

Definately food for thought. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users