9 replies to this topic

#1 Romain Breuer

Romain Breuer

Corporal

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

When downloading the newest version, I always get the message that the file is damaged and could not be opened.What can I do about this? Has anyone else the same problems?Bob

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hey Bob,I checked and I was getting the same problem. So I reloaded the file and checked it. You should not have a problem now.

#3 Romain Breuer

Romain Breuer

Corporal

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hi Bob, tried again today and still got the same message.:(

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

Hey Bob,I think I found the problem. Please give it another go and let me know how it goes.

#5 Romain Breuer

Romain Breuer

Corporal

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hi again,just tried the download again. After about 28% of downloading, same error with same message.Bob

#6 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hi Bob,My apologies for the late reply, but I have been working long hours the past few days and am actually getting ready to leave for work now. I am at a loss now. I just successfully completed both an Open and Download file from the website with no problems. So I know the file is ok now. Please try again and note the steps you using: whether you are using the Open file or Save file from the File Download window that opens (please try both options if one doesn't work). We may need to know what internet connection type you are using (Cable, fiber, dialup, etc) and what browser or browsers you are using (IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox(if so what version), etc) and finally what version of Adobe Reader you are using if you have been using the Open option when downloading. Also, Please drop me a line direct to bbenge@odgw.com after your next download attempt so I can owrk with you more directly to get the problem resolved. Absolute worse case, we can send the file direct to you, if you have a GMAIL account. Must be a GMAIL account as they're email file attachment restriction is large enough to accept the file size of the Data Book.Also note that when downloading the file size should be 24.97Mb and that when the Save file window appears and starts downloading it should say downloading xx of 24.9Mb.My apologies for the problems you are having and I hope we can resolve this soon,

#7 Bruce Wright

Bruce Wright

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi:I'm having exactly the same problem with downloading this document. I noted the comments you'd like to learn about (computer type, OS, etc.) and have written down the data. Should I contact you at your shown email address, or just post it here? I'd rather 'go private' to keep my personal information off line as much as is possible under the circumstances, but I don't want to blindly send you a bunch of information you are not ready for.Thanks for any help you could give me.Fair Winds....Bruce:;)

#8 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hey Bruce,Yes please contact us offline via email and we'll see if we can take care of it for you.

#9 Eric Miller

Eric Miller

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Where can one find this for download?I just bought a print copy of it and reistered it this evening. Would like to know about updates and corrections, etc....Thanks!

#10 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Panzerblitz,Check the version on the book you bought then check the files online. Each chapter in the book as a revision number on the bottom right which should identify what you have. The files online also have te revision number in the description. I really need to put this in a better format for everyone. Looks like its back to work to come up with a table with this info in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users