• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Bentley

Mike Bentley

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

I have been playing this campaign game for a year now and am enjoying it. The rules have some glitches and inconsistencies, but we are working them out. Our progress is slow due to our difficulty in finding time for the battles, plus our ref is retired and took some long trips. Nevertheless, I recommend this game to anyone who is tired of playing "last ship floating" slugfests. The campaign aspects, as expected, make you think harder about avoiding serious damage.We used one of our surface engagements as a game at Southern Front in Raleigh, NC this past weekend. The players liked (but didn't enjoy??) the aspects of a night surface engagement with rain squalls. We opened fire mutually at 6kyards!!! due to a large dense squall between the fleets. I love squalls. At last there is terrain for the admirals to consider.We plan to run it again at Cold Wars 2011 in Lancaster, PA.

#2 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

MikeB wrote:

I have been playing this campaign game for a year now and am enjoying it. The rules have some glitches and inconsistencies, but we are working them out. Our progress is slow due to our difficulty in finding time for the battles, plus our ref is retired and took some long trips. Nevertheless, I recommend this game to anyone who is tired of playing "last ship floating" slugfests. The campaign aspects, as expected, make you think harder about avoiding serious damage.We used one of our surface engagements as a game at Southern Front in Raleigh, NC this past weekend. The players liked (but didn't enjoy??) the aspects of a night surface engagement with rain squalls. We opened fire mutually at 6kyards!!! due to a large dense squall between the fleets. I love squalls. At last there is terrain for the admirals to consider.We plan to run it again at Cold Wars 2011 in Lancaster, PA.

What exactly are the glitches and inconsistencies you refer to.

#3 Mike Bentley

Mike Bentley

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

See my post in the rules thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users