• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Neil Foster

Neil Foster

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hi,just a quick question do the Delux logs superceed the Amendment 1 ship logs and the RAT tables?CheersIggy.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

Actually, both the Deluxe Logs and the Amendment 1 Logs are valid. The Deluxe Logs just expand on the Amendment 1 logs are not meant to supercede them. For example, Amendment 1 has one log for the King George V covering the period that she was most active while the Deluxe Logs has 3 logs for the entire war (and includes the very late war period when relatively little enemy activity could be expected). Additionally, the main changes you'll see in the Deluxe Logs are the AA values, and radar fits (this reflects the 'piling on' of additional light AA and the advances in radar technology over time). Main and secondary armament generally remain the same for most ships throughout the war, with the notable exceptions of those ships that received major reconstruction (such as the pre-war US battleships; these are reflected in both sets of logs).

#3 Neil Foster

Neil Foster

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

Hi Coastal,

Thanks for info.

One major issue i have is the following. In the delux logs HMS belfast and Edinburgh are 5.5 vps and are rated CA (CL) in the amendment 1 they are 6 vps and CA (CA). This make a huge difference in how long they remain effective for in an engagment. I really would like to know which version is correct.

Cheers

Iggy.

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

In this case, Amendment 1 would supercede the Deluxe Log.

#5 Mike Bentley

Mike Bentley

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Where are the Delux Ship logs posted, please? I just paged through all of the GQ3 files and I didn't see them.
Thank you. Mike B

#6 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

Where are the Delux Ship logs posted, please? I just paged through all of the GQ3 files and I didn't see them.
Thank you. Mike B

The Deluxe Ship Logs are available for sale as digital downloads. They are located in the 'Store" (goto 'Store', then on the menu on the left 'General Quarters III', then 'GQ III Digital Download'). Currently, there are three sets available: the Royal Navy, the German-Polish-Norwegian navies, and the Italian navy. Several more sets are under development.

#7 Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Are we allowed to know which logs are in development.

I for one am eagerly awaiting a Japanese one!

#8 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Are we allowed to know which logs are in development.

I for one am eagerly awaiting a Japanese one!

Currently, the IJN and USN log are under development as time allows. Hopefully, those will be released within the next few months (but I can't promise more than that). No other Deluxe Logs are projected at this time.

#9 Ships

Ships

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

do the delux logs have ship side pictures on them ?

#10 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

do the delux logs have ship side pictures on them ?

Unfortunately, they do not. Given the coverage of the logs, it would be impossible to provide an illustration of each class of ship and their variants.

#11 Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

awesome news!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users