1 reply to this topic

#1 Romain Breuer

Romain Breuer

Corporal

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hi everybody,last friday we played a small scenario Russians versus Germans. The following situation happened.
A Panther tank approached two Russian infantry bases and killed them with machinegun fire. Now it was the Russian turn. Another infantry stand from a different unit close assaulted the tank with the intention to kill.In our game he succeeded and I find the rules are not good in this point.
In the basic rules, the infantry stand must make a TQ check. Here russian Veteran infantry must roll under 10 to close assault. ( a 50% chance )The tank can then take a reaction (TQ check with: german regular 12 - 2 side approach = 10. Also a 50% chance) This I find ok. Both have a 50% chance.
Now playing with the morale drop-in the tank still must make his TQ check with the 50% chance. But the infantry makes a morale check. Here the Russian veteran must roll 16 or lower, an 80% chance. Now its a lot easier to kill the tank.
I think it would be better if the tank would also take a morale check.
Or what do you think?

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was at a covention. After looking over a few things, I think that maybe the TQ check would be sufficient and ditching the Morale check would be appropriate.
~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users