• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

Other than the obvious I am curious what is the difference in the game mechanics between Sudden Storm and the Solomons Campaign? Thanks in advance.

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Sudden Storm covers three theaters of operation and includes a land combat module. The emphasis is totally different, too. Most of SSC is surface combat, as would be the case in a 1937 war. Though there are provisions for aerial attacks and combat.

#3 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Thank you for the answer. I also meant in terms of the mechanics of the campaign, the complexity and length of the campaign and any extra goodies that come with either one.

#4 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thank you for the answer. I also meant in terms of the mechanics of the campaign, the complexity and length of the campaign and any extra goodies that come with either one.

There are a lot of extra goodies associated with Sudden Storm. There are several hundred pages of Bonus files online, including optional rules for lighter than air aircraft, also there are rules for a flight deck cruiser. Additionally there are historical articles and coastal defense rules. There are more OoB's online as well. The mechanics are derived from The Solomons Campaign, and the game is about seven turns long — SSC is variable, where TSC is six turns long. Because SSC has a more complicated focus, including land combat, it is naturally a bit more complex. I hope this helps. If you understand TSC you will feel right at home with SSC.

#5 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Thank you BL for those answers, based on those answers I think I am leaning towards the Solomons Campaign, I am looking for the more simple and streamlined version, I don't mind aircraft and I really enjoy the history and story of TSC. I am in the middle of reading Neptune's Inferno by Hornfischer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users