2 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Ruta

Thomas Ruta

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Gentlemen,

I read through the rules and the topics on CG compositions, and I'm sorry but I am still confused as to the limit of carriers the Japanese can assign to a CG mission. I have the following questions.
First, can the Japanese assign '2 CV AND 2 CVL' to a CG mission, or is it '2 CV OR 2 CVL'?
Second, if the Japanese must assign full squadrons to a mission, how can they possibly assign the 2nd Carrier Squadron (Hiyo, Junyo and Ryujo) to a CG mission?
Third, can the Japanese ever 'split' the 1st Carrier Squadron and assign the two CVs to the two different CG missions?
Forth, when Zuiho arrives, is she assigned to a carrier squadron, or is she an independent ship like Taiyo and Yamato?
Fifth, does the carrier and battleship sortie limit include CVLs, or is it only CVs?

It is fairly clear that the Americans must pick two CG missions if they want to get all four carriers into the action, but I do not see how the Japanese can deploy all of their carriers.

Thanks,

Tom.

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Gentlemen,

I read through the rules and the topics on CG compositions, and I'm sorry but I am still confused as to the limit of carriers the Japanese can assign to a CG mission. I have the following questions.
First, can the Japanese assign '2 CV AND 2 CVL' to a CG mission, or is it '2 CV OR 2 CVL'?
Second, if the Japanese must assign full squadrons to a mission, how can they possibly assign the 2nd Carrier Squadron (Hiyo, Junyo and Ryujo) to a CG mission?
Third, can the Japanese ever 'split' the 1st Carrier Squadron and assign the two CVs to the two different CG missions?
Forth, when Zuiho arrives, is she assigned to a carrier squadron, or is she an independent ship like Taiyo and Yamato?
Fifth, does the carrier and battleship sortie limit include CVLs, or is it only CVs?

It is fairly clear that the Americans must pick two CG missions if they want to get all four carriers into the action, but I do not see how the Japanese can deploy all of their carriers.

Thanks,

Tom.

Tom,the IJN can schedule two CV's or two CVl's in a CG, or any combination of the two. Zuihois an independent ship, not allocated to any division. The Japanese can split their 2nd Carrier Squadron as needed. These are good questions. CVL's are not capital ships.

Good gaming,
Gregory

#3 Thomas Ruta

Thomas Ruta

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Good Morning Greg,

Excellent, thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Tom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users