• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hello, I am playing TSC right now and am considering trying SSC next. I was wondering if the land battles are something that you would actually play on a tabletop with any WW2 miniature rules for land combat, or if they have some abstract mechanism for resolution without the need for the table top game?

Thanks in advance,
J

#2 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

In addition to my question above, it doesn't state explicitly that you should roll a D12 on Engagement X of the assult table. I am assuming this is the case but didn't see it written explicitly anywhere.

#3 Darren Burnside

Darren Burnside

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hello, I am playing TSC right now and am considering trying SSC next. I was wondering if the land battles are something that you would actually play on a tabletop with any WW2 miniature rules for land combat, or if they have some abstract mechanism for resolution without the need for the table top game?

Thanks in advance,
J

The SSC land battles are simple 6 sided die role
with modifiers, to determine the winner

#4 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for the answer, has anyone experimented with ways to translate those land battles into on-table games?

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for the answer, has anyone experimented with ways to translate those land battles into on-table games?

While beyond the scope of a purely naval game, you could use any board game or miniature rules (such as Mein Panzer; gotta plug the company product, ya know!) to play out the land battles. You'd have to develop the OOBs for the two sides and relate the board or table results to the game results. Certainly within most gamers ability and it'd be a interesting (and fun!) expansion.

As to the ground combat for SSC: The ground combat is a bit more detailed than TSC. The base units are regiments and brigades with movement by area for Luzon (Luzon is split into 4 areas) while the island targets are considered single areas. Combat resolution is similar to a board game with a single die roll determining the outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users