3 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Schaller

Rick Schaller

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

Greetings,

My gaming partner and I had our first carrier exchange last night and there are a couple of things we wanted to check.

When Engagement A states: "a group with carriers launches a strike" does that mean that both carriers in the CG can launce a strike or only one? I understand that if one side or the other has 2 CG's that only one CG can launch a strike, but can both carriers in a CG launce a strike in the same "round"? We played it as YES they could but wanted to see for sure.

We play all the strikes out tactically on the table so we are using the aircrew quality and rolling for each individual wave to see when it enters. If a CG launches a strike from 2 carriers (4 or more waves in total) would we resolve the 4 waves together or would there be a set (or random) amount of time in-between? We are leaning towards having a period of time in-between the first carriers waves arriving and the second's. Maybe a D6 or a D12 of game turns or something.

Thanks

#2 Rick Schaller

Rick Schaller

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Is it possible to get a reply for this.......?

#3 Thomas J Fitzgerald

Thomas J Fitzgerald

Private

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Greetings,

My gaming partner and I had our first carrier exchange last night and there are a couple of things we wanted to check.

When Engagement A states: "a group with carriers launches a strike" does that mean that both carriers in the CG can launce a strike or only one? I understand that if one side or the other has 2 CG's that only one CG can launch a strike, but can both carriers in a CG launce a strike in the same "round"? We played it as YES they could but wanted to see for sure.

We play all the strikes out tactically on the table so we are using the aircrew quality and rolling for each individual wave to see when it enters. If a CG launches a strike from 2 carriers (4 or more waves in total) would we resolve the 4 waves together or would there be a set (or random) amount of time in-between? We are leaning towards having a period of time in-between the first carriers waves arriving and the second's. Maybe a D6 or a D12 of game turns or something.

Thanks

For the 1st part of your question I played it exactly the same way and allowed both carriers in the CG to launch a strike. I also did some thing similar with a die roll determining the gap in time before the strikes arrived over target.

#4 tolstoy1807

tolstoy1807

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

I'm just getting into the rules system. Here's how I read it. You can only launch one air strike per air round, whether you have one or two CG groups. When you have the advantage, and when both sides have "the advantage" and can launch simultaneous single strikes, you get a scouting report; you can consult this before launching, before picking a target if the enemy has two CG out there. Each air round consists of a single strike by one side, the other, or both. Then you roll for acquisition again. I don't know if that's correct, but that's how I read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users