• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adam H. Jones III

Adam H. Jones III

Private

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Both the deluxe ship logs and the logs provided by GQ 3.3 show that the four Zara class CAs have an 8"+ as their main battery. I do not see an 8"+ column on the Italian CRT nor do I find any reference to what the "+" indicates in the rules. I'm sure its there somewhere but I cannot find it. What does the "+" indicate for the Zara class CA?

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Both the deluxe ship logs and the logs provided by GQ 3.3 show that the four Zara class CAs have an 8"+ as their main battery. I do not see an 8"+ column on the Italian CRT nor do I find any reference to what the "+" indicates in the rules. I'm sure its there somewhere but I cannot find it. What does the "+" indicate for the Zara class CA?

The 8" guns on the Zara class had a slightly longer range (out to 34000yds). This is indicated by the '8+' designation. On the the Italian CRT, there is a box on the 8" gun column (at the top row of the column) with the '8+'. This means that only the Zara class can fire out to 34000yds (with air spotting).

#3 simanton

simanton

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Didn't Bolzano have the same gun and mounting as the Zaras? I know the gun/mount on the Zaras was an improvement over the one on the Trentos.

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Didn't Bolzano have the same gun and mounting as the Zaras? I know the gun/mount on the Zaras was an improvement over the one on the Trentos.

Yes, and the logs for Bolzano have the '8+' guns.

#5 Adam H. Jones III

Adam H. Jones III

Private

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the responses. I checked the Italian CRT and what do you know...it was right in front of my face all the time!!!! :o .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users