• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

A number of ships have a number within their secondary battery box. I am unsure what this means. For example, the Dante Alighieri has some secondary boxes with a '2' in it and some secondary boxes without a number in it. I presumed this means the number of dice rolled, so a blank box is one dice whilst a '2' means two dice. However, some ships have a '1' in them, such as the Benedetto Brin. I'm unsure how a '1' would differ from just a blank box. 

Can anyone be of help?

Have to say though, looks like a really nice set of rules and I'm looking forward to my first game. 

#2 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

I don't yet have FAI, but in the WWII version it means that many gun barrels are available of the type.  with main batteries, the number of barrels is divided by 2 and you roll that many dice.  There are rules for secondaries and tertiaries, but they'll all indicate barrels / dice I should think.

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

The number is number of barrels in that turret.  Some of the predreadnoughts and cruisers had single gun turrets.

#4 jaycee

jaycee

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:11 AM

So you need to clarify how many dice are in fact rolled.

In the rules it states one die per sec box, on the assumption that each box is two guns.

It doesn't mention any single mounts.

So are we now to add up the guns, as per the main guns?.

So, if a ship had 2 x 2 and 2 x 1 sec guns in four boxes, this would in fact be three D12s not four?.

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

So you need to clarify how many dice are in fact rolled.

In the rules it states one die per sec box, on the assumption that each box is two guns.

It doesn't mention any single mounts.

So are we now to add up the guns, as per the main guns?.

So, if a ship had 2 x 2 and 2 x 1 sec guns in four boxes, this would in fact be three D12s not four?.

You would add the total of all the secondaries and base your roll on that.  In the above case, the correct number of dice to roll would be 3. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users