3 replies to this topic

#1 bpmasher

bpmasher

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

Hello,

new to these forums and to the game. I like what I've read so far in the rules, reminds me of ASL  :) I realize that this is an armor game mainly, but I'll use it for infantry fights as well. I'm planning for a Burma (1944) game. 

The rules mention that a squad can have two support units (mortars or heavier machine guns), but wouldn't the real organization be more along the lines of three squads plus two supports to form a unit/platoon? 

Also, I was thinking about about how to tweak the firepower values to take in to account the fact that in late war squads Americans would have two BARs per squad instead of one. This is easy to represent on the miniature stands: two riflemen, two BAR men, but the firepower would be higher. Can I have some guidelines in forming squads in the game (weapon firepower values) so I can create my own with different organization?

#2 bpmasher

bpmasher

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

Also, when playing in 15 mm, should I double the movement and weapon ranges for infantry and vehicles?

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

My most humble apologies for not getting to this question so much earlier...

In the WW2 Data Book there are breakouts for each type of infantry stand available to each country. Here is an example:

M1 Garand / Browning BAR M1918

M1 Garand / Browning BAR M1918 x2

M1 Garand / Browning BAR M1918 x3

M1 Garand - Marine 2 / 3 Rifle

M1 Garand / Browning BAR M1918 x3 - Marine

I think we have your concerns covered there as the FP numbers do change for the content of the squad and no tweaks should be needed. As for support weapons, we also have Heavy Weapons stands for the Machineguns and Small and large crew stands for mortars and other small to large crew served weapons. you can utilize these to accommodate your play.

As to doubling the infantry ranges, I do, but it is up to you. :) Also, in the Private download section of the MP2 Downloads library there is a 10/15mm reference card that you can download and print which has all the ranges changes incorporated (doubled were necessary). Download it and take a look.

Hope this helps!

~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#4 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hello,

new to these forums and to the game. I like what I've read so far in the rules, reminds me of ASL  :) I realize that this is an armor game mainly, but I'll use it for infantry fights as well. I'm planning for a Burma (1944) game. 

The rules mention that a squad can have two support units (mortars or heavier machine guns), but wouldn't the real organization be more along the lines of three squads plus two supports to form a unit/platoon? 

Also, I was thinking about about how to tweak the firepower values to take in to account the fact that in late war squads Americans would have two BARs per squad instead of one. This is easy to represent on the miniature stands: two riflemen, two BAR men, but the firepower would be higher. Can I have some guidelines in forming squads in the game (weapon firepower values) so I can create my own with different organization?

Despite its armour sounding name, MP gives a very good infantry-cetric game as well, I encourage you to try out the command and morale rules at some point, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users