4 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:31 PM

Hey All,To anyone who is interested in the World War I databook. I have completed the Aircraft Tables and the Small Arms Tables. I have completed the Equipment Tables for all of the Major Countries; Austria-Hungary, France Germany, Russia, United Kingdom, United States, as well as, the British Commonwealth nations; Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand and SOuth Africa. The completed Aircraft and Small Arms Tables have been posted to the Playtest section. If anyone is interested in reviewing and/or playtesting the data, I will post the partially completed Equipment Tables too. Just Let Me Know! ;)

#2 Malcolm Wright

Malcolm Wright

Private

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

If you need any assistance with research, let me know. I have studied and lectured on the use of GAS other chemical weapons in particular, plus artillery and storm troop tactics.Mal.Wright.B)

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

Thanks Mal! I haven't touched on gas warfare yet, so I will have to come up with some rules there. I also have to come up with any special rules that are particular to WW1, so any ideas will be of help. I have most of the tables posted if you are interested in looking them over and give comments on them I'd appreciate it. I also have to come up with the country capsules (historical tidbit/intro for each country) and haven't been able to get to it yet. These are going to be formatted the same as the WW2 Databook if you care to take a shot. If you are not in the playtest group yet, drop Gregory a line and let hime know you would like join.As to my current status: [ol]I have all of the tables done except for the Naval Tables, which I am currently working on.[/ol]I have yet to start:[ol]Special RulesCountry CapsulesEditing of the Tables[/ol]If anyone has any ideas or input drop a line to me or post it here. Also, anyone interested in writing up a neutral, fact based country capsule let me know. I'll get you a byline and credit on the credits page.

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:38 AM

Hello,I thought I would add the latest status on the project. Essentially all of the countries are done as are the 5 follow-on download countries/legions. I am currently waiting on trhe finishing touches on the Special Rules.

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:33 AM

The World War I Data Book is at the printers for the test copy now. I anticipate getting the test copy by the end of this week. The inital printer observations is that everything looks good. So I am going out on a limb and anticipating a release date of November 10th, unless you are at Fall-In, where we hope to have the book available at Scale Creep's stand. More to come... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users