• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:22 PM

On the Armour OnWar.com website, the Panther G is listed as having 40mm of armor at 30° on its rear hull, and 45mm at 25° on its turret, both of which should give it a '5' rear DV. Also, wwiivehicles.com agrees.Gregory

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:29 AM

I checked out both the WW2 Vehicles site and the OnWar site and the best armor for the Panther G side that I found was 50mm @ 30 degrees. This equates to a 6 Side Armor, which is what I have and won't change. The best Rear Armor is 40mm @ 30 degrees, which is as you said and maybe needs to be changed. Let me check my Book sources to verify this and I'll get back to you. :side:

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2005/12/01 05:30

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:04 PM

Okay I changed the Panther G Rear Armor to 5 in all of my files (WW2 ET and the WW2 Lite ET). The files have been uploaded to the Playtest files section. :)

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2005/12/01 16:04

#4 claudio moro

claudio moro

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:37 AM

Dear GregorykI have a question regarding a panther vs. an infantry squad.Could You explaine to me how to calculate the tank fire power versus infantry?Thank You for your answer this is the first time that i contact You and i think that Mein panzer is a very good rule sistem..Thank You Claudio Moro

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:37 AM

Hey Claudio,To fire the Panther G main gun (75mm) at infantry you would use the HE FP column value. In the Panther G's case this would be 8*. The "*" just indicates that the gun can only fire HE in direct fire only and not indirectly as artillery. ;)

#6 claudio moro

claudio moro

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

Dear GregorykIf the panther fp is 08 i have to consider this value and then rollsthe die and check the demage?Thats all?Ciao Claudio Moro

#7 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

Claudio,To attack infantry with a tank's main gun, you first need to roll "to-hit" just as if you were firing against another tank. The procedure is exactly the same.Once you successfully hit, then you use the HE Firepower of "8" against the infantry stand.

#8 Roberto Boboli

Roberto Boboli

Private

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

Thank You JonClaudio

#9 Arthur Braune

Arthur Braune

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:16 AM

Bob,Where might the "Playtest" folder be found...?Thanks much!Art

#10 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:31 AM

Hey Art,If you have access to the Playtest Files Site then it is under the Download Library under the Members Menu in the left window pane <---. :)A note and explanation here to all of our WW2 Databook owners: You will notice that I always make an entry in a question about WW2 Databook errata that I have posted the changes to the Playtest Files. I always post my updates to the original base MP tables here in Excel Format. Jon uses these to format in .pdf for the updates to the book prior to posting and the playtest group members are to look over these changes as a double check to catch any errors I may have made. I do realize that there have been a multitude of changes to the WW2 tables since the last update and there have been no update pages or even errata pages ove rthe past more than few months. For that I apologize. Please understand that we have been making some changes (additions to the tables) and have had a bunch of errata submitted for change. This coincided with our running out of our initial stock of WW2 Databooks. So we made the leap to make the updates for a new revision of the book. These changes will be in a complete download to ALL of our current owners of the WW2 Databook for download. Essentially you will have access to the complte new revision in .pdf format for your use. Now, with the ww2 Databook updates coupled with the all of the changes being made at ODGW, the WW2 Databook update project has been on a holding pattern for a bit now. Once Jon has comnpleted the reformatting of the newest revision of the WW2 Databook it will be posted and available. When that is will be up to Jon and his schedule.:)

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2006/01/23 06:49

#11 Arthur Braune

Arthur Braune

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

Bob,That was the answer - I must not have access to it? :blink:Thanks much!Art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users