• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian925

Adrian925

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:24 AM

Hi All, A couple of simple questions that came up in a game yesterday, which we could not find an answer for in the rules. 1. A ship only had 1 turret firing at a target, weather and other batteries shooting at the same target pushed the ranging line up 2 rows to extreme range where the result is shown as 1/2 BB. As the ship only starts with 1 dice is this then lost, or do you get one shot? 2. A ship is being attacked by torpedoes. Again weather drops the effectiveness down 2 rows (and the attack is in the rear arc of the ship), so the result is a 4 row shift to the torpedoes. Do they drop off the bottom of the table and therefore miss, or does the attack get resolved on the lowest row of the torpedo chart? Thanks in advance.

#2 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

For #1, you always get 1 die.  Ref. page 1-9, 1.5.5. Gunnery Attacks, Extreme Range paragraph, third sentence, "The minimum is one D12."  Or optionally a D20...

For #2, I couldn't find anything in the GQ3.3 pdf that actually says so, but I believe the convention is that if you shift past actual numbers on the table, or off the  table, then in game terms there is no chance (to hit, in this case).  At least that's how I've always played it.

#3 Adrian925

Adrian925

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply.

#4 pyruse

pyruse

Private

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

We always use a d20 for '1/2' dice (also for odd guns, so for a triple turret firing on its own we'd roll a d12 and a d20.).

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

Dave's right on the money.  If the torpedo adjustments take you off the table, then there is no chance for a hit.  And you always get at least one die roll for gunnery (D12 or, if you're using the optional rule, D20).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users