1 reply to this topic

#1 Tom Oxley

Tom Oxley

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

We played our second game last Saturday and my buddy pulled up accross my bow and ended his movement in what would have been an excellent bow rake position if he'd had his guns loaded.  The problem was that it force an automatic collision in my movement phase, at less than 45 degrees.  We rolled and did do the damage under the same (both 5th rates) rate.  But then we couldn't figure out if we were fouled or not.  Are we automatically fouled after a collision? 

Thanks again for the great scenarios as these are making it easy for us to get ships on the table during our learning process.

Tom Oxley

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

We played our second game last Saturday and my buddy pulled up accross my bow and ended his movement in what would have been an excellent bow rake position if he'd had his guns loaded.  The problem was that it force an automatic collision in my movement phase, at less than 45 degrees.  We rolled and did do the damage under the same (both 5th rates) rate.  But then we couldn't figure out if we were fouled or not.  Are we automatically fouled after a collision? 

Thanks again for the great scenarios as these are making it easy for us to get ships on the table during our learning process.

Tom Oxley

Sorry 'bout the late reply (real life intrusions!).  When you have a collision result, fouling is automatic. In your case, for the one ship to come in contact would require its bowsprit to reach way over the other ship's side (and into its rigging).  If the collision is avoided, then you'd only need to roll for possible fouling. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users