4 replies to this topic

#1 plpazodo

plpazodo

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking in purchase GQ3 rule set, what would be the minimum required to play the pacific war? (any additional tittle or expansions?)

Thanks

#2 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in General Quarters 3.  The short answer to your question is nothing.

When you purchase GQ 3 you have everything needed to play (minus miniatures).  There are bunches and bunches of free files that will become available after you register your copy of GQ 3.  If you buy online you will be automatically registered, if you purchase a printed copy from a store then you need to manually register with the registration page in the back of the book.

I'm sure Lonnie or others will respond with better details

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

As Kenny pointed out, you can pretty much play any of the SoPac battles with the extensive ship logs that come with the game.  If you so inclined, The Solomons Campaign module would be a nice addition.  This module covers the early campaign in the Solomons area and is a great way to generate battles within a campaign setting.  For a more intriguing and very different campaign, there's Sudden Storm which presents a expansive (from Pearl Harbor to China) campaign set in 1937.  But for casual games, the rules themselves are more than sufficient.  

#4 plpazodo

plpazodo

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Thanks to both,

I think I will be getting just the core rules to start.

This will include all the ships and airplane data correct?

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

The core rules include the ship logs for 120 Japanese ships and 144 US ships and covers all the ships involved in the major surface and carrier battles in the Pacific.  The rules also cover all the aircraft types and minor vessels (PTs, etc.) as well.  That is in addition to the same level of coverage for the 4 (British, German, French, Italian) other navies and air forces.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users