• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stormking33

Stormking33

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:42 PM

Hi There!  Is there a point system in place to design your fantasy ship? Example: ship tonnage is how many points? 12; guns are worth how many points?  Thanks!!!

#2 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

G' Day all,

Stormking 33 and I have been corresponding off line on this topic.  Let me share several things here. 

Yes, the formulas and factors are available in the Design Files area of the GQ.3.3 Bonus files section of the download library, which is available to all registered GQ3.3 owners.  One file that might be helpful that wasn't posted to the library covers VP values.  I have attached it to this post for those would like to use it to develop their own Ship Logs.

Along the way, Stormking generated and we tuned a Ship Log for the Royal Netherlands Navy coast defense ship Soerabaya, originally named De Zeven Provincien.  She was a minor player in the  Malay Barrier campaign in early 1942, but is something for the gamer that wants to have everything.  Thanks, Stormking!   Note that her Krupp 11" main armament dates from before WW I with a maximum range of 17600 yds.  Use the FAI HochSeeFlotte GUNFIRE CRT for her gunnery attacks.

Coast defense ships were a common feature of a number of small navies, consuming a lot of resources and a number were still around - if a little long in the tooth - when WW II started.  Accordingly, I have attached a Coast Defense Ship file for the Soerabaya and added the logs of other coast defense ships for those who are interested.  The other navies' coast defense Logs are already available in the various navy supplements in the download library, but assembled together in this file for your convenience and comparison.  

Cheers,

LONNIE

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users