• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nexus6

nexus6

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:08 PM

Is it correct that both sides can have marginal victory? It has no much sense. (I supose there is mistake in NATO marginal victory and should be zone 3)  

#2 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

I'll have a re-read and let you know.   Thanks for asking.

#3 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

You are correct.  There is a typo.  NATO marginal victory should be preventing Soviet advance thru Zone 3 and not 2 as written.  Additionally you can place a turn count on the game to better simulate the delaying tactics of the Canadians.   

Example Soviet advance should be in to Zone 2 by turn 3 and in to Zone 3 by Turn 7.  This can vary by how hard the GM expects to push his Soviet player.

Try it out!!  Looking forward to the AAR.

Thanks

#4 nexus6

nexus6

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

I see you dont understand me. What happen if at end game soviet are in zone 2 ? They have marginal victory and NATO also has marginal victory?

#5 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:44 PM

Nexus6,

My apologies,  just returning from family vacation.

You are correct - Both sides can have a marginal victory, it's basically a draw.  Neither side has the upper hand.   This pushed the Soviet side to move, move and move.  While making the NATO side do it's best to plug all the "leaks in the dam".

This was written almost 15 years ago, so it's a little basic in the victory conditions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users