Photo

First game under my belt, now I have a question!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Erosthenes

Erosthenes

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

Actually, our first game went pretty well.  We had three new players and one "grognard" who was our fearless leader.  All of the new players (myself included) liked the game, and we will play more in the future!

I do have some clarifications and questions.

If a ship has one Gun Director, that ship can only fire its batteries at the same target.  (Unless, individual turrets are fired under Local Control - with a 2 up degredation on the chart.)  True or false?  If false, please explain...

The Japanese light cruiser I played yesterday did not show a dedicated DCT on the play sheet.  BUT - on the ship charts that come with my rules, it shows YUBARI has a bridge DCT - am I reading this correctly?  Is the bridge the DCT or is there a seperate place on the ship dedicated to being a DCT?

Hits on secondaries, on ships without any.  Our GM ruled that my Yubari took no damage, since the hit rolled on the chart was a secondary battery - (of which, she has none), I think I should have taken a hull box, regardless.  Naturally, being a good and upright gamer, I followed my GM's recommendation, despite my reservations...

#2 Erosthenes

Erosthenes

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:23 AM

Anybody?  cricket cricket...

#3 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

If a ship has one Gun Director, that ship can only fire its batteries at the same target.  (Unless, individual turrets are fired under Local Control - with a 2 up degredation on the chart.)  True or false?  If false, please explain...

• According to 1.5.9 Multiple Targets, "Ships with only one DCT, or which have lost a DCT, can only engage one target."  Your premise to allow individual turrets to fire under Local Control - with an up 2 row shift on the gunnery CRT would be a house rule or scenario rule, but a reasonable one.

The Japanese light cruiser I played yesterday did not show a dedicated DCT on the play sheet.  BUT - on the ship charts that come with my rules, it shows YUBARI has a bridge DCT - am I reading this correctly?  Is the bridge the DCT or is there a seperate place on the ship dedicated to being a DCT?

• Yubari's ship log does indeed include a DCT.  The Bridge is a separate item.  DCTs are hit by a Critical Hit roll of 1-2, the Bridge (or Control Tower [CT] if armored) is  hit by a Critical Hit roll of 3-4.

Hits on secondaries, on ships without any.  Our GM ruled that my Yubari took no damage, since the hit rolled on the chart was a secondary battery - (of which, she has none), I think I should have taken a hull box, regardless.  Naturally, being a good and upright gamer, I followed my GM's recommendation, despite my reservations...

• Your GM was correct.  The convention is that hits on systems a ship does not have, or the ship has lost all she had, are ignored - they do not convert to something else, including hull hits, unless the Damage Table and/or Damage Description says so (e.g. Tertiary Destroys a tertiary gun box selected by the target skipper (near side mounts first, then far side mounts). These mounts are not armored. After all tertiary mounts are hit or if none are present, mark off a torpedo mount.)  This goes back to the old GQ1/GQ2 days where Armament Box hits and Hull Box hits were separate, and there was no crossover.  All of that being said, I could not find in the ,pdf copy of the GQ3.3 rules where it explicitly covers it.

Dave

• Erosthenes likes this

#4 Erosthenes

Erosthenes

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:16 AM

Dave!  Thank you, sir!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users