No replies to this topic

#1 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

My destroyer, Z21 was heading home off the coast of Norway in a fog bank when it detected a RN force consisting of Hood, Norfolk, Achilles and several Canadian destroyers of the A and C classes. My DD in line with my instructions for force preservation tried to turn away. Butttt, to no avail as the Englanders saw it. The Hood, Norfolk and Achilles turned away; there being some mention of their being concerned about my dud plagued torpedoes. And, Z21 might have got away if Canadians had not hit her in her engines with their first salvo. Z21's crew broke her engines instead of fixing them (that part is on us) and thus reduced to 25 knots her remaining life span was already time stamped. Z21 gave the St. Laurent significant damage but was sunk in the end.

Herr Hitler upon learning of the inequity of force was heard to exclaim; "Hood, Norfolk and Achilles!!! OK, OK, I admit it; I should never have invaded Poland. I'm sooo sorry."

The campaign continues and it will go on a long time if I can just keep my losses to a ship a turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users