• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 calumbrookes

calumbrookes

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:34 AM

Hi all - I'm interested in the deluxe logs but they seem pretty pricey (~100 dollars for the US alone) and honestly i'm a little unclear as to what they offer that the supplements don't.

Can anyone explain what's "deluxe" about the packs beyond them looking a bit prettier?

#2 Adrian Dobb

Adrian Dobb

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hi Calum, 

Under public downloads I believe you can obtain some sample logs (Greek, Romanian, and Yugoslav which give an idea of what the deluxe logs look like and what they give you.  Perhaps the best feature is that as kit was added to ships (additional AA, radar etc.) multiple versions of same ship are often included to reflect this. I obtained Brits and Germans but not the US or Japanese.  Lots of obscure vessels are included.  I imagine that for the US wartime produced destroyers there are lots of identical or very similar logs.    

Adrian

#3 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:58 AM

I use them when I'm putting together OOBs for campaigns that have ships not listed in  the various GQ3.3 related publications. That way there is a commonality to the ships cards. There are also the benefits mentioned by Adrian. There are limitations as the Australians and Canadians are not included in the Brit ship cards.

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

The Deluxe Logs include all the large ships (CLs and above) plus the modifications to those ships over time.  For example, there are 5 different logs for the USS New Orleans covering the beginning of the war to the end while the USS Pensacola has 7 logs for the same period.  For the very large DD classes (such as the Fletchers with 175 built) a sample of the types are presented (even then, there are 140+ logs representing all the variations in equipment for the Fletchers during the war).  For the smaller navies (ie, German, French, Italian) all the DDs are presented.  Additionally, there are extensive coverage of the auxiliary ships (transports, oliers, minecraft, amphibs, etc). 

I might add that none of these ships are presented in the Supplements (other than the Campaign games).  The Supplements (Balkans Navies, Spanish Civil War, Northern Navies, Soviet Navy, Asian Minor navies) are stand alone and are not repeated in either the basic ship logs or the Deluxe Ship Logs.        

#5 charles popp

charles popp

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

Do the Deluxe include the Never builts? If not has anyone done anything on these?

#6 Bill M

Bill M

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 03:36 PM

Why do the German, Polish and Norwegian ship logs for example have "Bulkhead" listed twice in the damage section?

#7 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:18 AM

Bill M,

The irony of my answering your question is I am not much of an advocate for the Deluxe Ship Logs, but I do have a few of the initial samples.  It appears to me they listed "Bulkhead" in the top section twice simply because they had the room - after moving "Bridge" or "CT", and the "DCT", entries down into the center "ship" section of the ship log.

Dave

#8 Bill M

Bill M

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 12:19 PM

Thank you Dave!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deluxe logs, deluxe, logs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users