• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Swagman1982

Swagman1982

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

I'm sure that many of you can  relate to this.  Always seemed to happen to me when playing GDB Napoleonics. The freshly painted unit usually got clobbered in a firefight or melee and legged it pretty sharpish. Well it seems it also happens at sea as well.

Ran my first two FAI games with my 1/2400 ships last weekend.  Both games based on the action off Harwich at the start of the war.  In the 1st game Laurel took a magazine hit in the 1st round of firing and promptly blew up (the varnish was just dry).  After that poor dice rolling by the British allowed the Konigen Louise to escape into some handy squalls and a running cruiser action resulted in the rest of the German force escaping to the east.

Set the game up again next day using my freshly painted and scratchbuilt Konigen Louise in her North Eastern livery of buff,black and yellow. Very basic but I'm happy with it and it looks ok at wargaming distance. Round one British spot said ship, several rounds moving into range then  finally under 6000 yards and the Brits open fire. Result hit with 1st round on cargo and then rattle,rattle 10 rolled meaning explosive cargo goes boom sinking the Konigen Louise. 

I'll post some hopefully longer and more detailed AAR' if my games last a bit longer.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

I feel your pain!  For a long while it was a guarantee that whatever ship I commanded would suffer a magazine explosion.  Oh, I definitely feel your pain....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users