• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaedrian

Jaedrian

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Just a couple of questions for clarification.

1.  If I fire a single chaser cannon, my understanding is that is a single D12 roll and it hits on odds. Does that mean an 18pdr chaser against a 5th rate at 200 yds only hits on a 1 or 3?

2  . If I have the single chaser cannon and I only roll one D12 to hit, what do I do if I need 1/2 to hit? Does the 1 = .5 round down meaning that you can't fire a single cannon if its a 1/2 to hit?

3.  In the example in the book, Page 1-13, it says at 1200 yds against a 5th rate cast 2 dice since 1/2 5 is 2. That makes sense, but, what is the number needed to hit? 1? You roll the 2 dice, but what is the number needed to hit?

I'm not sure if I'm asking these correctly. Please let me know if you need clarification on what I'm asking. Thank you.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

1.  If I fire a single chaser cannon, my understanding is that is a single D12 roll and it hits on odds. Does that mean an 18pdr chaser against a 5th rate at 200 yds only hits on a 1 or 3?

Yes, that is correct.

2  . If I have the single chaser cannon and I only roll one D12 to hit, what do I do if I need 1/2 to hit? Does the 1 = .5 round down meaning that you can't fire a single cannon if its a 1/2 to hit?

That is correct.  Essentially it means the results would be negligible due to the combination of range and firing a single cannon. 

3.  In the example in the book, Page 1-13, it says at 1200 yds against a 5th rate cast 2 dice since 1/2 5 is 2. That makes sense, but, what is the number needed to hit? 1? You roll the 2 dice, but what is the number needed to hit?

The number to hit would be 1.  

#3 Jaedrian

Jaedrian

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:24 PM

Wonderful. Those were my guesses, but I wanted to make sure and not be guesses anymore!! Thanks so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users